Lady Lorraine's Lake of Dreams

My little corner of reality expressed through my writings, the art I love.. and plain old thinking!!! I hope you will enjoy them. Blessings Lady Lorraine du Lac

My Photo
Name:
Location: Open Spaces of the, United States

I am an adventure loving woman. Spiritual! Not religious big difference! Meeting new people is a passion of mine for each has some jewel of experience to share! I am creative and curious. I write, dance and sing badly in the car. Laughter is the music of my soul! I know though tears are the cleansing agents of our heart. A seeker of knowledge and wisdom. A great listener and can talk your ear off if we have something in common. I seek the moment of perfection that lies between birth and our first breathe...the moment of pure escatsy that is the craving of all souls! A simple complex woman am I!

Thursday, October 14, 2004

More Anais Nin

I have let life of this world take over... anxiety of moving through mortal realms with deadlines, expectations, lack of sleep and solitude creates tidal waves in my soul. No time to dream or write I wait now for the colors of desire to filter into my life again. All to soon I hope, this living in the material world does nothing for the soul. I dare not forget the reds and oranges that vibrate the air with silents screams to live. Feel the embrace of a crisp autumn day, enveloped within frosty fingers. These things pass too fast. This is what enriches our life and makes our suffering worthy of the experience. The highs and lows of living, chaos and serenity dancing partners of desire..... I leave you with more Anais Nin...
Love
Du Lac Oct. 14 2004

From Anais Nin...The House of Incest
The morning I got up to begin this book I coughed. Something was coming out of my throat: it was strangling me. I broke the thread which held it and yanked it out. I went back to bed and said: I have just spat out my heart. There is an instrument called the quena made of human bones. It owes its origin to the worship of an Indian for his mistress. When she died he made a flute out of her bones. The quena has a more penetrating more haunting sound than the ordinary flute. Those who write know the process. I thought of it as I was spitting out my heart. Only I do not wait for my love to die." from House of Incest

"My first vision of earth was water vieled. I am of the race of men and women who see all things through this curtain of the sea, and my eyes are the color of water." from House of Incest

"The leaf fall of her words, the stained glass hues of her moods, the rust in her voice, the smoke in her mouth, her breath on my vision like human breath blinding a mirror." from House of Incest

"There is no mockery between women. One lies down at peace as on one’s own breast." from House of Incest

"From all men I was different, and myself, but I see in you that part of me which is you." from House of Incest

"Your lies are not lies Sabina. They are arrows flung out of your orbit by the strength of your fantasy. To destroy reality. I will help you: it is I who will invent lies for you and with them we will traverse the world." from House of Incest

"I am enmeshed in my lies, and I want absolution. I cannot tell the truth because I have felt the heads of men in my womb. The truth would be death-dealing and I prefer fairytales. I am wrapped in lies which do not penetrate my soul. As if the lies I tell were like costumes." from House of Incest

"I looked upon a clock to find the truth. The hours were passing like ivory chess figurres, striking piano notes, and the minutes raced on wires mounted like tin soldiers. Hours like tall ebony women with gongs between their legs, tolling continuously so that I could not count them. I heard the rolling of my heart-beats; I heard the footsteps of my dreams, and the beat of time was lost among them like the face of truth." from House of Incest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home